HOW TO MAKE YOUR SCAR LOOK BETTER AFTER A COSMETIC SURGERY?
AT HOME SOLUTION:
- AFTER SURGERY
- Follow the guidelines that Dr. Mata gave you during your post-op appointment.
- Don’t pull on your scar or the skin around it to look at it. You can go in front of a mirror and slowly lift the skin to see it.
- Let the scar heal! Don’t apply any skincare products unless Dr. Mata advises you to do so.
- SCAR GEL FROM THE OFFICE: The BIOCORNEUM or SILAGEN gel is an advanced silicone scar treatment that helps reduce redness, discoloration, and improve the scar texture. Start applying the scar treatment ONLY when Dr. Mata tells you to. Usually, you can start using this at the 3-4 week mark, but please follow Dr. Mata’s guideline.
Embrace® Active Scar Defense is an FDA approved scar therapy system designed to relieve the tension of the incision and prevent the formation of visible, and raised scars. Embrace prevents the widening and thickening of your scar while flattening, and fading the scar. It’s applied every 10 days by one of our medical professionals in the office. The treatment can be started as soon as 2 to 3 weeks after surgery.
- IPL / INTENSE PULSED LIGHT THERAPY
Intense Pulsed Light Therapy is a treatment that will help eliminate your scars discoloration and improve the scar appearance. A series of 3 treatments is recommended and can commence as soon as 4 weeks post surgery.
- CO2 LASER
The fractional CO2 laser will help improve your scar texture and make the appearance softer and less visible. This laser treatment penetrates deeper into the scar, helping the collagen production. You can start the treatment 2 months after your surgery.
Microneedling aims to remodel the skin and stimulate new collagen. The tiny needles create tiny “wounds” allowing your body to produce elastin and collagen. This treatment can take a few months to see results. Multiple treatments are required a few weeks apart (4–6 weeks). You can start the treatments 2 months after your surgery
- MORPHEUS 8
Morpheus8 is microneedling combined with radio-frequency. This treatment will stimulate new collagen and elastin production in and around the scar. Radio-frequency microneedling is very efficient and only a few sessions will be needed to smooth out and make your scar less visible. You can start the treatments 2 months after your surgery
View your very own customized price estimation!