Who Should Get a Facelift?
Aging is a beautiful thing, it shows that you have had an opportunity to live life and gain experiences and wisdom. But as you get older, you may feel younger than you actually look. More and more people are looking to plastic surgery to help them look as young as they feel.
Facelift surgeries are usually seen as the gold standard procedure for facial transformation. This is because facelift surgery transforms loose, droopy facial skin into a more youthful and fuller appearance. But even with the pros facelift procedures can give, choosing to have one is not a casual decision. Read more to determine whether a facelift is appropriate for you.
Good Candidates for Facelift Surgery
You are typically a good candidate for facelift surgery if you are healthy and do not have health conditions that may interfere with your healing. Other factors that determine whether you are a suitable candidate for the procedure include:
- Not being a smoker, as smoking delays the recovery process
- Having stretchy or elastic skin
- Having sweeping signs of aging, such as deep wrinkles, saggy skin, and fine lines
- Being positive and realistic about the outcome of the procedure
- Understanding the process of healing
Will a Facelift Resolve Your Situation?
You need to understand that getting a facelift surgery is not a lasting solution to aging. You will continue to grow older and may require other procedures over time to maintain a younger appearance.
Additionally, if you are looking to correct saggy undereye, droopy eyelids, or loose skin around your neck, it can help to add eyelid surgery or a neck lift procedure. Consult with your plastic surgeon, Dr. Mata at Natural Results Plastic Surgery to learn which procedures will best address your concerns.
What If a Facelift Is Not Right for You?
If a facelift surgery is not right for you, there are numerous minimally invasive treatments that may help you achieve your goals.
These include some of the following:
- Dermal fillers – These include natural hyaluronic acid fillers to make your skin look fuller
- Injectables – These include BOTOX® and other neurotoxins that get rid of fine lines
- Microdermabrasion – These treatments brush away old layers of skin to improve the production of collagen
- Chemical peels – These treatments strip off old, damaged skin layers to expose the healthy skin beneath
Preparing for a Facelift
To prepare for a facelift, your plastic surgeon will examine your health to ensure you have no underlying illnesses that may delay healing. Also, your plastic surgeon in Scottsdale may recommend certain medicines or ask you to change the medications you are currently taking.
Additionally, Dr. Mata may ask you to stop smoking or stop taking aspirin, herbal medicines, or anti-inflammatory pills, as they may increase bruising and bleeding.
See Your Plastic Surgeon
If you have questions or concerns about whether or not you should get a facelift surgery, see your plastic surgeon. Dr. Mata will determine your candidacy for facelift surgery and tell you more about your choices.
For more information on who should get a facelift, or to schedule a consultation to see if you’re a candidate, call Natural Results Plastic Surgery in Scottsdale, Arizona at (480) 418-5300 today.