Butt Implants vs. Fat Transfer
Looking to enhance the size and appearance of your butt? While we aren’t all blessed with the curvy, pert and pronounced butt that is so desirable right now, thanks to cosmetic surgery, everyone can achieve this look.
There are two popular techniques to choose from – butt implants and fat transfer. But how do you know which is right for you? Let’s find out.
What is the difference between butt implants and fat transfer?
The main difference between butt implants and fat transfer is the substance that is used to increase the size of your butt.
About butt implants
As you may have guessed from the name, butt implants involve the use of an actual implant that isn’t dissimilar to the type used in breast augmentation surgery. However, butt implants are usually made from a solid, gel-like silicone rather than being filled with liquid silicone. This means that the implants need to be inserted whole, through an incision in each buttock which is usually made in the crease of the buttock (“butt crack”). The scar will be hidden and we hard to notice. The results are immediate and you will leave with your enhanced butt, unfortunately the butt implants only increase the volume of the buttocks, it doesn’t add shape/ curves to your hips.
About fat transfer (also known as a Brazilian Butt Lift)
Fat transfer to the buttocks also known as Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL adds natural fat to enhance the patient’s buttocks. The fat is placed directly into your buttocks. The procedure takes place in two stages. First, the fat is extracted from a pre-selected area of your body using liposuction. Many patients choose to have this taken from their abdomen or back, which can help enhance the overall effect of their butt enlargement. Once the fat has been taken, it is then purified before it is then injected back into the buttocks. This second part of the process requires the fat to be transferred. The fat needs to be transferred above the muscle with special equipment to prevent any complications like a fat embolism. Dr. Mata aka Dr. Scottsdale, board-certified plastic surgeon, will use his skill and expertise to ensure that you achieve the desired result while staying safe. Although you will be able to see initial results immediately, it takes time to see the final results. You can continue to see improvements for months as the final appearance of your butt sets in.
Should I choose butt implants or a Brazilian Butt Lift?
Many experts agree that the BBL has a number of benefits over enhancing the size of your buttocks with implants. Some of the key things that you may want to consider when deciding which procedure is right for you should include:
- The risks associated with butt implants. Experts agree that the larger the butt implant, the greater the element of risk involved in the procedure. This includes problems with insertion, placement and infection of the incision.
- Your body won’t reject fat transfer BBL. When you choose fat transfer for your butt augmentation procedure, you will have your own cells placed back into your body, not a foreign object. This means that your body won’t reject the fat – something which can happen when patients choose an implant.
- Issues with the implant. Butt implants are a lot like breast implants in that over time, complications can arise with their placement. They could drop, wrinkle or fold and this can have a considerable impact on the appearance of your buttocks. Similarly, patients can experience capsular contracture, which is where the scar tissue around the implant tightens to such an extent that there is too much pressure on the implant.
- Implants will require replacing at some point. Implants aren’t designed to last forever. This means that it is likely that you may need further surgery in the future to replace those which you have placed in butt implant surgery.
- Natural result. Many experts and patients agree that the look and feel of buttocks that have been enhanced with BBL surgery is much more natural than those of patients who have had butt implants.
I am slim. Can I still have a BBL?
Before you can undergo either butt implants or a BBL, you will first need to attend a consultation appointment. This will enable Dr. Mata to determine your candidacy for the procedure. Dr. Mata will also be able to advise you as to which technique is best for you based on your health and body type. Since BBL surgery does require fat to be taken from another part of your body, you may have concerns that you might not be able to have your treatment using this technique. However, experienced BBL surgeons like Dr. Mata can usually always find adequate fat to take from some part of your body and so it is likely that you will still be able to have your butt lift using this technique.
For more information about butt augmentation using implants or fat transfer, or to schedule a consultation, please call Natural Results at 480-418-5300 today.